Wordle - daily game
- NoEnzLefttoSplit - Jun 1, 2023 - 9:05pm
- oldviolin - Jun 1, 2023 - 9:00pm
- oldviolin - Jun 1, 2023 - 8:52pm
- oldviolin - Jun 1, 2023 - 8:51pm
- oldviolin - Jun 1, 2023 - 8:50pm
Name My Band
- oldviolin - Jun 1, 2023 - 8:46pm
Things You Thought Today
- oldviolin - Jun 1, 2023 - 8:45pm
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •
- oldviolin - Jun 1, 2023 - 8:33pm
What Makes You Cry :) ?
- Steely_D - Jun 1, 2023 - 5:05pm
Radio Paradise Comments
- Steely_D - Jun 1, 2023 - 4:47pm
- R_P - Jun 1, 2023 - 4:32pm
Republican Wingnut Freak of the Day
- Red_Dragon - Jun 1, 2023 - 3:56pm
Song of the Day
- Manbird - Jun 1, 2023 - 3:30pm
- geoff_morphini - Jun 1, 2023 - 12:53pm
- R_P - Jun 1, 2023 - 12:38pm
- R_P - Jun 1, 2023 - 12:30pm
- ScottFromWyoming - Jun 1, 2023 - 12:16pm
- Beaker - Jun 1, 2023 - 11:22am
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously
- R_P - Jun 1, 2023 - 10:56am
Today in History
- Red_Dragon - Jun 1, 2023 - 6:16am
Come join us in Eureka!
- lily34 - Jun 1, 2023 - 5:10am
- miamizsun - Jun 1, 2023 - 4:55am
RP in a Tesla EV
- miamizsun - Jun 1, 2023 - 4:37am
USA! USA! USA!
- R_P - May 31, 2023 - 4:49pm
Fascism In America
- Lazy8 - May 31, 2023 - 4:28pm
- Red_Dragon - May 31, 2023 - 4:28pm
- ScottFromWyoming - May 31, 2023 - 2:27pm
Get the Quote
- thisbody - May 31, 2023 - 7:53am
Mixtape Culture Club
- miamizsun - May 31, 2023 - 7:24am
- westslope - May 31, 2023 - 6:56am
What Makes You Laugh?
- GeneP59 - May 30, 2023 - 4:07pm
- Steely_D - May 30, 2023 - 9:35am
Bug Reports & Feature Requests
- renaultr17 - May 29, 2023 - 9:50pm
What Did You Do Today?
- KurtfromLaQuinta - May 29, 2023 - 4:52pm
Helpful emergency signs
- Proclivities - May 29, 2023 - 7:14am
Eversolo DMP-A6 streamer and RP?
- William - May 28, 2023 - 8:36pm
MQA in administration
- William - May 28, 2023 - 8:27pm
Stream stopping at promo
- William - May 28, 2023 - 8:18pm
What's your favorite quote?
- maryte - May 28, 2023 - 9:12am
Counting with Pictures
- Proclivities - May 28, 2023 - 4:59am
Ask for a tea
- DaveInSaoMiguel - May 28, 2023 - 3:29am
Graphic designers, ho's!
- Manbird - May 27, 2023 - 5:43pm
Lyrics that are stuck in your head today...
- ScottN - May 27, 2023 - 5:28pm
- Red_Dragon - May 27, 2023 - 7:46am
Little known information...maybe even facts
- miamizsun - May 27, 2023 - 7:24am
- Red_Dragon - May 27, 2023 - 6:57am
You're welcome, manbird.
- Bill_J - May 26, 2023 - 6:00pm
In My Room
- KurtfromLaQuinta - May 26, 2023 - 4:17pm
The Lincoln quote ... wasn't from Lincoln
- Proclivities - May 26, 2023 - 1:19pm
- Steely_D - May 26, 2023 - 10:51am
It seemed like a good idea at the time
- Red_Dragon - May 26, 2023 - 10:35am
Nuclear power - saviour or scourge?
- miamizsun - May 26, 2023 - 8:31am
A Picture paints a thousand words
- Proclivities - May 26, 2023 - 8:00am
The Daily complaint forum, Please complain or be Happy
- sunybuny - May 26, 2023 - 7:08am
Gas or Electric?
- ColdMiser - May 26, 2023 - 6:19am
Need help - anyone got a copy of Aristotle's Politics?
- lily34 - May 26, 2023 - 5:48am
- westslope - May 26, 2023 - 2:30am
Word Association - temporary
- oldviolin - May 25, 2023 - 1:34pm
- R_P - May 25, 2023 - 11:22am
- lily34 - May 25, 2023 - 9:17am
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD
- oldviolin - May 25, 2023 - 9:15am
What the hell OV?
- oldviolin - May 25, 2023 - 9:03am
- lily34 - May 25, 2023 - 8:40am
NASA & other news from space
- miamizsun - May 25, 2023 - 7:51am
The Obituary Page
- lily34 - May 25, 2023 - 5:17am
- rgio - May 25, 2023 - 4:49am
What Are You Grateful For?
- Antigone - May 24, 2023 - 4:06pm
Graphic designers, ho!
- RedTopFireBelow - May 24, 2023 - 12:43pm
- Proclivities - May 24, 2023 - 10:29am
260,000 Posts in one thread?
- oldviolin - May 24, 2023 - 10:19am
Annoying stuff. not things that piss you off, just annoyi...
- GeneP59 - May 24, 2023 - 8:16am
Manbird's Episiotomy Stitch Licking Clinic - KEEP OUT
- miamizsun - May 24, 2023 - 5:22am
- oldviolin - May 23, 2023 - 7:59pm
- oldviolin - May 23, 2023 - 7:57pm
Museum Of Bad Album Covers
- oldviolin - May 23, 2023 - 2:55pm
How Modern Life Is Like a Zombie Onslaught
Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Jul 5, 2012 - 5:28am
There was an earlier post with a similar themed photo, in some other thread...
Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Dec 3, 2010 - 12:40pm
My Zombie, Myself: Why Modern Life Feels Rather Undead
By CHUCK KLOSTERMAN
ZOMBIES are a value stock. They are wordless and oozing and brain dead, but they’re an ever-expanding market with no glass ceiling. Zombies are a target-rich environment, literally and figuratively. The more you fill them with bullets, the more interesting they become. Roughly 5.3 million people watched the first episode of “The Walking Dead” on AMC, a stunning 83 percent more than the 2.9 million who watched the Season 4 premiere of “Mad Men.” This means there are at least 2.4 million cable-ready Americans who might prefer watching Christina Hendricks if she were an animated corpse.
Statistically and aesthetically that dissonance seems perverse. But it probably shouldn’t. Mainstream interest in zombies has steadily risen over the past 40 years. Zombies are a commodity that has advanced slowly and without major evolution, much like the staggering creatures George Romero popularized in the 1968 film “Night of the Living Dead.” What makes that measured amplification curious is the inherent limitations of the zombie itself: You can’t add much depth to a creature who can’t talk, doesn’t think and whose only motive is the consumption of flesh. You can’t humanize a zombie, unless you make it less zombie-esque. There are slow zombies, and there are fast zombies— that’s pretty much the spectrum of zombie diversity. It’s not that zombies are changing to fit the world’s condition; it’s that the condition of the world seems more like a zombie offensive. Something about zombies is becoming more intriguing to us. And I think I know what that something is. (...)
Also recently: A history of zombies in America