[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]
Collective Soul — Reunion
Album: Collective Soul
Avg rating:
6.4

Your rating:
Total ratings: 1054









Released: 1995
Length: 2:26
Plays (last 30 days): 2
Change will come - Change is here
Love fades out - Then love appears

Now my water's turned to wine,
And these thoughts I have,
I now claim as mine... I'm coming home

Change has been - Change will be
Time will tell - Then time will ease

Now my curtain has been drawn,
And my heart can go,
Where my heart does belong... I'm going home
Comments (143)add comment
What is this, bad buskers hour? First time I've ever reached for the button.
 sfyi2001 wrote:

Few years back, little brother joined the Marines. Mom hated it and broke down begged him not to.
He ended up with orders to Afghanistan and it was hard on us, especially because it was so difficult for Mom.
There was plenty of communication with him, which was great, far better than when Dad was in the Navy.
When he got orders to return stateside he told us as soon as he could and we were beyond elated, especially Mom.
I played this song for her one day, and again when she asked me to. We hadn't felt so good in a long time.
I wasn't home when we were informed that Pete had been killed.
By the time I got there, Mom was in the hospital.
It completely devastated us. I haven't been able to do many things since then.
Hadn't heard this in a while when it came on earlier, but because no one else is around, I didn't turn it off.
It reminds me of how good we felt when we knew Pete was coming home.
I have never longed for anything more than to have my brother back. I did not now that it was posible to feel so



I am so  sorry.... Glad your Mom has you 
 sfyi2001 wrote:
Few years back, little brother joined the Marines. Mom hated it and broke down begged him not to.
He ended up with orders to Afghanistan and it was hard on us, especially because it was so difficult for Mom.
There was plenty of communication with him, which was great, far better than when Dad was in the Navy.
When he got orders to return stateside he told us as soon as he could and we were beyond elated, especially Mom.
I played this song for her one day, and again when she asked me to. We hadn't felt so good in a long time.
I wasn't home when we were informed that Pete had been killed.
By the time I got there, Mom was in the hospital.
It completely devastated us. I haven't been able to do many things since then.
Hadn't heard this in a while when it came on earlier, but because no one else is around, I didn't turn it off.
It reminds me of how good we felt when we knew Pete was coming home.
I have never longed for anything more than to have my brother back. I did not now that it was posible to feel so
 

Thanks for sharing this story. I am so sorry. God bless.
 


sfyi2001 wrote:
Few years back, little brother joined the Marines. Mom hated it and broke down begged him not to.
He ended up with orders to Afghanistan and it was hard on us, especially because it was so difficult for Mom.
There was plenty of communication with him, which was great, far better than when Dad was in the Navy.
When he got orders to return stateside he told us as soon as he could and we were beyond elated, especially Mom.
I played this song for her one day, and again when she asked me to. We hadn't felt so good in a long time.
I wasn't home when we were informed that Pete had been killed.
By the time I got there, Mom was in the hospital.
It completely devastated us. I haven't been able to do many things since then.
Hadn't heard this in a while when it came on earlier, but because no one else is around, I didn't turn it off.
It reminds me of how good we felt when we knew Pete was coming home.
I have never longed for anything more than to have my brother back. I did not now that it was posible to feel so
 

 Cynaera wrote:

Bumping this up. Life just went weird, and this song works to make stuff not so scary.  I had a really evocative diatribe written, but I lost my zeal. Too much anger, too much frustration, and this is only a song.  What matters is not what I feel is bad or good, but what a song moves other people to do. If enough people are moved enough by a song to take action, that song has more than fulfilled its purpose.

By the way - I've bumped it up to 9.  Because it's a good song, and it can be a positive influence on mankind in general.


Cynaera always was an excellent commenter, and I understand why this song resonated with her... For me it had a worryingly dismal start but then changed(!) into something more upbeat, and altered my initial impression that I  wasn't going to like it.



 Segue wrote:
{#Heartkiss} sfyi2001 wrote:
 I feel you. I'm so sorry. Tears of love and loss. Our grief reflects the depth of our love.
 

 

{#Heartkiss} sfyi2001 wrote:
 
 

that's heartbreaking. so sorry.  

sfyi2001 wrote:
Few years back, little brother joined the Marines. Mom hated it and broke down begged him not to.
He ended up with orders to Afghanistan and it was hard on us, especially because it was so difficult for Mom.
There was plenty of communication with him, which was great, far better than when Dad was in the Navy.
When he got orders to return stateside he told us as soon as he could and we were beyond elated, especially Mom.
I played this song for her one day, and again when she asked me to. We hadn't felt so good in a long time.
I wasn't home when we were informed that Pete had been killed.
By the time I got there, Mom was in the hospital.
It completely devastated us. I haven't been able to do many things since then.
Hadn't heard this in a while when it came on earlier, but because no one else is around, I didn't turn it off.
It reminds me of how good we felt when we knew Pete was coming home.
I have never longed for anything more than to have my brother back. I did not now that it was posible to feel so

 

 sfyi2001 wrote:
Few years back, little brother joined the Marines. Mom hated it and broke down begged him not to.
He ended up with orders to Afghanistan and it was hard on us, especially because it was so difficult for Mom.
There was plenty of communication with him, which was great, far better than when Dad was in the Navy.
When he got orders to return stateside he told us as soon as he could and we were beyond elated, especially Mom.
I played this song for her one day, and again when she asked me to. We hadn't felt so good in a long time.
I wasn't home when we were informed that Pete had been killed.
By the time I got there, Mom was in the hospital.
It completely devastated us. I haven't been able to do many things since then.
Hadn't heard this in a while when it came on earlier, but because no one else is around, I didn't turn it off.
It reminds me of how good we felt when we knew Pete was coming home.
I have never longed for anything more than to have my brother back. I did not now that it was posible to feel so

 
Some musics are litterally running through our veins :(
 sfyi2001 wrote:
Few years back, little brother joined the Marines. Mom hated it and broke down begged him not to.
He ended up with orders to Afghanistan and it was hard on us, especially because it was so difficult for Mom.
There was plenty of communication with him, which was great, far better than when Dad was in the Navy.
When he got orders to return stateside he told us as soon as he could and we were beyond elated, especially Mom.
I played this song for her one day, and again when she asked me to. We hadn't felt so good in a long time.
I wasn't home when we were informed that Pete had been killed.
By the time I got there, Mom was in the hospital.
It completely devastated us. I haven't been able to do many things since then.
Hadn't heard this in a while when it came on earlier, but because no one else is around, I didn't turn it off.
It reminds me of how good we felt when we knew Pete was coming home.
I have never longed for anything more than to have my brother back. I did not now that it was posible to feel so

 
I am so sorry.
Few years back, little brother joined the Marines. Mom hated it and broke down begged him not to.
He ended up with orders to Afghanistan and it was hard on us, especially because it was so difficult for Mom.
There was plenty of communication with him, which was great, far better than when Dad was in the Navy.
When he got orders to return stateside he told us as soon as he could and we were beyond elated, especially Mom.
I played this song for her one day, and again when she asked me to. We hadn't felt so good in a long time.
I wasn't home when we were informed that Pete had been killed.
By the time I got there, Mom was in the hospital.
It completely devastated us. I haven't been able to do many things since then.
Hadn't heard this in a while when it came on earlier, but because no one else is around, I didn't turn it off.
It reminds me of how good we felt when we knew Pete was coming home.
I have never longed for anything more than to have my brother back. I did not now that it was posible to feel so
This CD has a number of great songs, but this isn't one of them.
yawn, bandname, songtitle, chord structure, techniques, lyrics, production etc etc, all trite.  as fresh as the air in a bunker.  padding, that's all.

4
Ah, I totally see what you did there, Bill.  Good job.
Did somebody lift a riff from the Stone Roses? 
 fitmartin wrote:
One of the best 90's bands
This song isn't their best  
 
you say it!
One of the best 90's bands
This song isn't their best  
There are 5 great songs on this vastly under-appreciated CD. This isn't one of them, although it's OK.
 OHMish wrote:
Horrible

 
WRONG -- 9
Horrible
I've always liked Collectie Soul much better than Dave Matthews Band.
Anyone got any crackers?
This is cheesy.
This song is a vapid collection of cliche's.  The only emotion it evokes is "Somebody just shoot me."
Thanks for playing this Bill. This is from a very good album.              Foot in Mouth
i remember listening to this album every day in grade six at lunch hour... we would all sit around the old-school cassette player and be completely immersed in it. still so good!
first time I'm hearing this.... quite nice
image not available? Here it is:

Collective Soul

you know...it occurs to me this is the FIRST TIME I've ever heard one of my favorite bands on RP...{#Fire}
I thought you were kidding! She really did cover it. She did a good job of it too!

 
ziggytrix wrote:
I'd like to request Dolly Parton's cover of their song Shine, please and thank you!  {#Jump}
 


 Cynaera wrote:
This song fits. My life, the lives of people I love... It's just a good song - mellow, profound, and easy to hear. I love Collective Soul anyway, but this was a bit deeper than, oh, "Gel" (which I also love.)  Giving this 7, with potential.....
 
Bumping this up. Life just went weird, and this song works to make stuff not so scary.  I had a really evocative diatribe written, but I lost my zeal. Too much anger, too much frustration, and this is only a song.  What matters is not what I feel is bad or good, but what a song moves other people to do. If enough people are moved enough by a song to take action, that song has more than fulfilled its purpose.

By the way - I've bumped it up to 9.  Because it's a good song, and it can be a positive influence on mankind in general.

I'd like to request Dolly Parton's cover of their song Shine, please and thank you!  {#Jump}
Yuk!
This song fits. My life, the lives of people I love... It's just a good song - mellow, profound, and easy to hear. I love Collective Soul anyway, but this was a bit deeper than, oh, "Gel" (which I also love.)  Giving this 7, with potential.....
Most pleasant.
saw these guys in sthlm way back then, really really good musicians !!!
Nice Bill,,,, Right off my play list. :-)

Love this whole cd!
 Fredrikson wrote:
this is quite bad
 
{#Yes}

 NeuroJoe wrote:
Why do some people choose to reject a song out of hand just because the band is perceived as "commercialized"? This is one of Collective Soul's best pieces of work, regardless of how often they were played on alt-rock and college radio stations.
 

Amen
underrated..yeah I'd say that.
It's good enough to make it on to my iPod, but it's likely I'll sometimes skip it when it comes around.

MidLyfe wrote:
I have seen Collective Soul three times now, and I find them to be a very good live band. I also think they have some very well crafted pop songs that are a lot deeper than people give them credit for. And they are definitely deeper than the Clear Channel cuts on Mixed-up 100.7 whatever FM is in your town. Just because it has a hook doesn't mean it can't be deep. If you get the chance, check out the song No More, No Less from the Dosage album.


I was agog when they actually came here and I could see them live. The warm up band was dreadful, but their sound system worked in the venue. All that got took down and CS's system put up - took an hour. And then the acoustics went weird and the inner ear vibration drove me away by third song. Soooo miffed! Anyone know what the HELL that is??


Jelani wrote:
This is one of the most juvenile comments I've seen posted here.
Why don't you go home? I think I hear your mother calling.


You seriously think this was one of the most juvenile comments you've read on here?  What planet are you from, and how many days have you been on earth?  I didn't find anything juvenile about that person's comments.  It's unfortunate that they had a bad experience with a band I really like, but I'm not going to call that person juvenile for explaining a situation they observed at a concert they attended.

Get over yourself, jalopy.

wade44 wrote:
Hootie and Blow? You haven't listened to much CS.
We were referring to this song only, but defense of artists is always welcome of course. I'm not wild about the other CS songs I've heard, though I haven't exactly dug deeply into their catalogue....
slartibart_O wrote:
Have to politley disagree. Saw them live once and it was just pretty damn awful. They tried to sound just like their albums, were lifeless while playing and had no stage presence at all. Half way through someone threw a cup at the singer in disgust. Sadly parts of the crowd cheered in agreement and so he stood there and pouted like a little bitch instead of kicking it up a notch and actually working for it. Lost a lot of respect for them after that.
This is one of the most juvenile comments I've seen posted here. Why don't you go home? I think I hear your mother calling.
Highly underrated band. I love 'em.
this is quite bad
I have seen Collective Soul three times now, and I find them to be a very good live band. I also think they have some very well crafted pop songs that are a lot deeper than people give them credit for. And they are definitely deeper than the Clear Channel cuts on Mixed-up 100.7 whatever FM is in your town. Just because it has a hook doesn't mean it can't be deep. If you get the chance, check out the song No More, No Less from the Dosage album.
spicytomato wrote:
Collective Soul is a very good band, amazing live. I don't understand why they get so much flack. I guess if the naysayers tried to write good melodies with good hooks and play this tight, they might get it.
Have to politley disagree. Saw them live once and it was just pretty damn awful. They tried to sound just like their albums, were lifeless while playing and had no stage presence at all. Half way through someone threw a cup at the singer in disgust. Sadly parts of the crowd cheered in agreement and so he stood there and pouted like a little bitch instead of kicking it up a notch and actually working for it. Lost a lot of respect for them after that.
I somehow get the feeling that Bill includes this in his playlist to see what kind of reactions people post! :roflol: Not the best Collective Soul imo, but hey, who really cares what I think?
Boooooooooooooo! :sick:
squidish wrote:
4 out of 5 dentists surveyed do not prefer Collective Soul
Denists have a bad taste in music no pun intended
I dont know this band, and I dont have a problem with them. But I would still call this song (to use your own words): vomitous and horrible. AlanCE wrote:
Exactly. And those calling this vomitous and horrible are just projecting their general dislike for corporate radio Collective Soul onto a song that really isn't bad and doesn't deserve it.
awful singing. just awful
like the guitar work,but.....check please!!!!
I like quite a few of Collective Soul's work, but this one was a real yawner. Wha hoppen? :yawn:
Thanks for playing this one!
squidish wrote:
4 out of 5 dentists surveyed do not prefer Collective Soul
Four out of five dentists patients surveyed think that dentists know Jack-Shit about music. Think about it, when was the last time anything at the dentist was what you wanted to hear. Hey, this music is really great . . . almost blocks out the sound of the drill! THIS IS a great Collective Soul song. This album is their best. And that can be said for many, many artists who get it right the first time only to become commerialized or just plain lose it. Anyone remember the Stone Roses? Mmm? Nuf Said.
The vitriol here surprises me. I never hear this song on my local radio, and I suppose if I did so as often as I hear, say, "My Baby Is A Centerfold," I might loathe it almost as much as I loathe that piece of shit. As it is, though, I like this one. . . .
NeuroJoe wrote:
This is one of Collective Soul's best pieces of work
Well, there you have it. If this is one of the best, CS just plain sucks. No vocal range, minimal musicianship, banal lyrics. Yep, all the ingredients for a bad band and tune. A 2, being generous.
nah!
Why do some people choose to reject a song out of hand just because the band is perceived as "commercialized"? This is one of Collective Soul's best pieces of work, regardless of how often they were played on alt-rock and college radio stations.
4 out of 5 dentists surveyed do not prefer Collective Soul
plutodazed wrote:
This is a mellow song, nothing fancy, but pleasant.
Exactly. And those calling this vomitous and horrible are just projecting their general dislike for corporate radio Collective Soul onto a song that really isn't bad and doesn't deserve it.
Someone stick a straightened paper clip up my urethra. :puke:
This is the first awful song I've heard since I began listening to RP. Putrid.
It used to be that, when someone asked me "What kind of music is Radio Paradise", I would say "Well, it's a lot of great stuff, but definitely not bands like Nickelback or COLLECTIVE SOUL"
I dig it!
kazuma wrote:
I agree that there is too much Coldplay. I think they are weak, dull, derivative, and overrated. However, I do not agree that the solution is to play Iron Maiden and Guns N Roses instead. And if I ever hear Slade (as loud and dumb as they come, but I still love 'em) on RP, I will eat a bug!
:wall:
Studies have shown that Collective Soul sucks
tim_ontario wrote:
You didn't do much to address my post ...
Maybe not. But you seem to be reading some stuff into my comments that isn't there.
To argue that Collective Soul is played because they don't 'stink' and the other bands aren't because they do is ridiculous ...
I agree. Check my post again. I never said any of that, and I didn't even mention CS. I happen to like some of their stuff, but I didn't make the argument you're suggesting I did because, as you correctly pointed out, it would be ridiculous.
Your judgement of all of those acts 'stinking' is fine - thats your opinion.
I specifically cited two: Guns N Roses and Iron Maiden. If I thought Aerosmith and AC/DC stunk, I would have said so.
i have to repectfully disagree with your assignment of 'eclectic' as some kind of genre unto itself - i think a radio station describing itself as an 'eclectic rock station' should be just that - diverse kinds of rock n' roll.
And I think the definition of 'eclectic' is up to the person choosing the tracks.
i just think its unfair to say, well Aerosmith and Iron Maiden stink, thats why RP isn't playing them - that to me is opinion masquerading as reason.
I agree. I never said that.
How many new Coldplay-alikes or Dido-alikes do (some of us) suffer through silently?
I agree that there is too much Coldplay. I think they are weak, dull, derivative, and overrated. However, I do not agree that the solution is to play Iron Maiden and Guns N Roses instead. And if I ever hear Slade (as loud and dumb as they come, but I still love 'em) on RP, I will eat a bug!
kazuma wrote:
My problem with Guns N Roses and Iron Maiden has nothing at all to do with whether they are "too mainstream." I just think they stink, regardless of how many records they did or didn't sell. On the other hand, I'm a huge Slade fan, but I don't expect to hear them on RP cause I don't think their stuff fits the RP style, the vibe, whatever you want to call it. Eclectic does not have to mean "everything that was ever recorded" and I'm glad it doesn't, because I've heard a lot of playlists like that and the lack of any kind of coherence always caused me to lose interest in a hurry. I'm just glad I'm not the one who has to make these decisions and I think RP does a great job with track selection more often than not.
You didn't do much to address my post, which was about how this band, which I and likely other people think 'stink', and hardly meet the dodgily-defined tag of 'eclectic', somehow merit having 12 of their stinky songs on RP, yet the bands i mentioned, who have enough in common style-wise with CS and other hard/classic rock acts represented on RP such as Led Zeppelin, Stone Temple Pilots, Pearl Jam, etc ad nauseum, dont even have one single song, despite the fact they have released a ton of music (much of it never heard by those who didnt purchase the albums). To argue that Collective Soul is played because they don't 'stink' and the other bands aren't because they do is ridiculous, although this opinion may explain why in fact they aren't. It's not that big a deal and ultimately i can live with it - i just sense a - how to phrase it - prejudice against certain artists who are regularly maligned as being 'uncultured' or not intellectual enough. Yet myself and others never make comments after, say, the latest angst-y hipster band, the latest angst-y male songwriter, or yet another breathy female singer over some 'ethereal' bleeps, to the effect of 'oh, this isn't the place for this kind of music, i'll leave if it keeps up'. Your judgement of all of those acts 'stinking' is fine - thats your opinion - and your definition of 'eclectic' is right in respect to what this station actually plays to (mostly white, educated 30-50 somethings), but i have to repectfully disagree with your assignment of 'eclectic' as some kind of genre unto itself - i think a radio station describing itself as an 'eclectic rock station' should be just that - diverse kinds of rock n' roll. I can live with it, i just think its unfair to say, well Aerosmith and Iron Maiden stink, thats why RP isn't playing them - that to me is opinion masquerading as reason. How many new Coldplay-alikes or Dido-alikes do (some of us) suffer through silently? Can you please everyone all the time? No. But you *can* please everyone at least some of the time. Of course i stay because its just 'eclectic' enough for me. Where else would i hear the Pogues and Luna on a radio station? It would just be nice to hear an even greater mix of (rock-oriented) music on here, even if it was only once in a blue moon i got to hear 'Toys in the Attic' or 'Ride On'. /end rant
tim_ontario wrote:
Yet another song of the 12 in rotation by this middling cookie cutter bland corporate rock band, but even obscure-o songs from acts like Aerosmith, Guns N Roses, Iron Maiden, AC/DC are "too mainstream" for the upturned noses...interesting
My problem with Guns N Roses and Iron Maiden has nothing at all to do with whether they are "too mainstream." I just think they stink, regardless of how many records they did or didn't sell. On the other hand, I'm a huge Slade fan, but I don't expect to hear them on RP cause I don't think their stuff fits the RP style, the vibe, whatever you want to call it. Eclectic does not have to mean "everything that was ever recorded" and I'm glad it doesn't, because I've heard a lot of playlists like that and the lack of any kind of coherence always caused me to lose interest in a hurry. I'm just glad I'm not the one who has to make these decisions and I think RP does a great job with track selection more often than not.
Yet another song of the 12 in rotation by this middling cookie cutter bland corporate rock band, but even obscure-o songs from acts like Aerosmith, Guns N Roses, Iron Maiden, AC/DC are "too mainstream" for the upturned noses...interesting
Thanks Bill! :whisper: So am I.
What a shock!!! I hate this band, but I think I like this song! I'll have to give it another listen, but I think I may be on board with this partictular track...Otherwise, they're a collective vomitorium.
Excellent lyrics from CS as usual. Hootie and Blow? You haven't listened to much CS.
Saw them in concert Oct 6th. Marvellous to see them in small town Canada. Great show. I take the point about the soft rock here. Once Roland strapped on the acoustic guitar, he seemed reticent to take it off again. :bounce: :bounce: :drummer:
Collective Soul is a very good band, amazing live. I don't understand why they get so much flack. I guess if the naysayers tried to write good melodies with good hooks and play this tight, they might get it.
definitely a change from the last one... we got all serious... ... gotta love a collective soul... I seriously appreciate the lyrics here.
Roverfish wrote:
Lukewarm would be too good for these bozos. Cut and paste. A generous 2.
Got no use for CS. Switching to KPIG...
This is a mellow song, nothing fancy, but pleasant.
redeyespy wrote:
The music really does sound like Hootie and the Blowfish. This is pretty lukewarm stuff.
Lukewarm would be too good for these bozos. Cut and paste. A generous 2.
beelzebubba wrote:
Uhhhhhh.....hey Ginger, isn't that Hootie Blows dude?
The music really does sound like Hootie and the Blowfish. This is pretty lukewarm stuff.
bfh wrote:
Well put. To correct: The definition of BAD music is "It sounds bad". This sounds bad. This is bad music.
:-k ... <-( I listened carefully and could NOT hear any bad sounds... maybe there is something wrong with your speakers
Yawn! :yawn:
why?
These guys weren't good in the 90's, and they're not good in the 21st century.
kelli wrote:
call me a no taste dumbass, but i enjoy collective soul. i think they write catchy, infectious, tunes.
Ok, you're a no taste dumbass. No, you're not, you're entitled to your opinion. I agree they write a catchy tune...unfortunately it's the same one over and over. Sorry, just not my cup of tea.
Oh, Jesus Christ. One of those "horse jawed" singers.
meh....
Makes you feel like switching stations doesn't it!
:sleep:
phineas wrote:
Sounds a bit like some of the work from Hothouse Flowers ---- any RP fans of that band out there?
yeah, i tried uploading a couple Flowers tunes. didn't take. sigh. call me a no taste dumbass, but i enjoy collective soul. i think they write catchy, infectious, tunes.
justlistening wrote:
...(Two-buck Chuck is a $2 wine that specialty market Trader Joes cannot keep on the shelves. It is a Califonria Wine with a real cork - well synthetic cork)
I think that I heard the best way to "cork" a bottle is with a twist top. The only reason expensive wine doesn't come with screw tops is the snooty factor. Anyway, these guys a getting bashed and I really liked their first two albums. I thought this song was okay.
Uhhhhhh.....hey Ginger, isn't that Hootie Blows dude?
An absolute slap in the face following Jeff Buckley with these humdrum, every-song's-the-same clone wanna-be's. Wish they would go home. And stop recording.
generic
wow. totally lost track of these guys after their first album (except for hearing Dolly Parton's cover of "Shine" a few times). glad they're still around, and they sound a bit more seasoned now.
These guys are just about to come out with a new CD.
Love that chord on "home" in the chorus. That does not sound bad. Nope.
bishops-ring wrote:
These guys are great in concert, especially since they're playing smaller venues lately, and I'd recommend seeing them to anybody. But I understand that it's difficult to like mainstream music if you pride yourself on eclectic tastes.
That's like depriving yourself of "Two-buck Chuck" because you pride yourself on fine wine. (Two-buck Chuck is a $2 wine that specialty market Trader Joes cannot keep on the shelves. It is a Califonria Wine with a real cork - well synthetic cork)
These guys are great in concert, especially since they're playing smaller venues lately, and I'd recommend seeing them to anybody. But I understand that it's difficult to like mainstream music if you pride yourself on eclectic tastes.
PhysicsGenius wrote:
Nice and catchy. To the naysayers: The definition of good music is not "it sounds bad".
Well put. To correct: The definition of BAD music is "It sounds bad". This sounds bad. This is bad music.
Sounds a bit like some of the work from Hothouse Flowers ---- any RP fans of that band out there?
This is really good stuff. It hits me hard because it brings me back to the roots of my for-pleasure music listening. The mid-90's alternative rock groups had something very special and this song reflects that fantastically.
I like this. American rock and pop that we can't get over here. Nice.
send them back to clear channel! this reminds me of matthew mc conaughy bongo-ing naked and stoned... :drummer:
To quote myself from another CS song: I'm quite certain that if I use Google I'll find the template these guys use for all their songs. :sleep: As generic as generic gets. These guys aren't worthy of RP.
Greenman wrote:
Collectively bland and mediocre pop pablum.
amen
Some good songs but, man, those haircuts!! Sounds dated
Is Collective Soul really on RP? Did I get hit on the head? :frustrated:
When you get there, stay there.Boring song imho.
I like this. It's one of those songs to lift you up when you're feeling homesick and lonely because you're away from your loved ones.
Great song. I like the pairing of slide guitar and soul background singers. Great pick Bill. :nodhead:
Sounds like every other AOR band out there right now.
Originally Posted by dignan2: Crappola.
"WORD" to the Crappola!
Crappola.
Collective Suck What a lousy generic band. :moon:
:cry: