[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

Mixtape Culture Club - Lazy8 - Jun 27, 2022 - 11:10pm
 
The Abortion Wars - kurtster - Jun 27, 2022 - 11:09pm
 
Fascism American-style - R_P - Jun 27, 2022 - 11:09pm
 
Wordle - daily game - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Jun 27, 2022 - 9:58pm
 
YouTube: Music-Videos - Steely_D - Jun 27, 2022 - 9:56pm
 
Trump - ScottN - Jun 27, 2022 - 7:54pm
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - oldviolin - Jun 27, 2022 - 7:53pm
 
Living in America - Red_Dragon - Jun 27, 2022 - 6:18pm
 
Supreme Court Rulings - Red_Dragon - Jun 27, 2022 - 4:59pm
 
What is the meaning of this? - oldviolin - Jun 27, 2022 - 3:54pm
 
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 27, 2022 - 3:39pm
 
I am Thinking of: - maryte - Jun 27, 2022 - 2:14pm
 
Vinyl Only Spin List - kurtster - Jun 27, 2022 - 1:27pm
 
Love is... - islander - Jun 27, 2022 - 12:50pm
 
Guns - kcar - Jun 27, 2022 - 11:27am
 
Radio Paradise Comments - GeneP59 - Jun 27, 2022 - 10:44am
 
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum - GeneP59 - Jun 27, 2022 - 10:39am
 
Economix - R_P - Jun 27, 2022 - 10:14am
 
M.A.G.A. - R_P - Jun 27, 2022 - 9:43am
 
Using Words to Frame a Political Issue - oldviolin - Jun 27, 2022 - 8:52am
 
Britain - Red_Dragon - Jun 27, 2022 - 8:40am
 
RightWingNutZ - Steely_D - Jun 27, 2022 - 8:25am
 
Words, acronyms, whatever, that changed meaning - Proclivities - Jun 27, 2022 - 7:43am
 
Ukraine - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Jun 27, 2022 - 12:39am
 
Things You Thought Today - Bill_J - Jun 26, 2022 - 7:29pm
 
Name My Band - oldviolin - Jun 26, 2022 - 4:53pm
 
Hockey + Fantasy Hockey - GeneP59 - Jun 26, 2022 - 4:47pm
 
Would you drive this car for dating with ur girl? - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 26, 2022 - 3:55pm
 
What Did You Do Today? - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 26, 2022 - 3:43pm
 
Poetry Forum - ScottN - Jun 26, 2022 - 9:04am
 
Tech & Science - miamizsun - Jun 26, 2022 - 8:29am
 
Positive Thoughts and Prayer Requests - Antigone - Jun 25, 2022 - 4:48pm
 
Terrorist Watch! - Red_Dragon - Jun 25, 2022 - 2:58pm
 
I like cheese - GeneP59 - Jun 25, 2022 - 2:29pm
 
SECESSION: The Republic of Texas? - Isabeau - Jun 25, 2022 - 2:20pm
 
Counting with Pictures - ScottN - Jun 25, 2022 - 1:15pm
 
Live Music - oldviolin - Jun 25, 2022 - 10:28am
 
Today in History - HarleyRider - Jun 25, 2022 - 9:56am
 
What Are You Going To Do Today? - Red_Dragon - Jun 25, 2022 - 9:52am
 
260,000 Posts in one thread? - oldviolin - Jun 25, 2022 - 9:25am
 
How's the weather? - GeneP59 - Jun 24, 2022 - 6:49pm
 
Bug Reports & Feature Requests - lminfo - Jun 24, 2022 - 5:12pm
 
Germany - R_P - Jun 24, 2022 - 2:38pm
 
Stuff you bought today. - ScottFromWyoming - Jun 24, 2022 - 10:25am
 
Country Up The Bumpkin - oldviolin - Jun 24, 2022 - 8:42am
 
Memorials - Remembering Our Loved Ones - miamizsun - Jun 24, 2022 - 8:12am
 
Russia - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Jun 23, 2022 - 10:34pm
 
Cryptic Posts - Leave Them Guessing - oldviolin - Jun 23, 2022 - 4:25pm
 
Upcoming concerts or shows you can't wait to see - ScottFromWyoming - Jun 23, 2022 - 3:46pm
 
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously - R_P - Jun 23, 2022 - 12:15pm
 
Outstanding Covers - Steely_D - Jun 23, 2022 - 8:24am
 
Summer vacation plans? - Skydog - Jun 23, 2022 - 5:46am
 
Baseball, anyone? - Skydog - Jun 23, 2022 - 5:25am
 
how do you feel right now? - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Jun 22, 2022 - 9:51pm
 
TV shows you watch - Steely_D - Jun 22, 2022 - 5:54pm
 
Crazy conspiracy theories - Steely_D - Jun 22, 2022 - 2:06pm
 
Mars Exploration Rover Mission Status - miamizsun - Jun 22, 2022 - 10:14am
 
Things I Read Today - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Jun 22, 2022 - 9:22am
 
2016 Elections - Skydog - Jun 22, 2022 - 8:28am
 
Sublime Soundtracks - Skydog - Jun 22, 2022 - 5:12am
 
• • •  What's For Dinner ? • • •  - ScottFromWyoming - Jun 21, 2022 - 8:14pm
 
Nuclear power - saviour or scourge? - miamizsun - Jun 21, 2022 - 6:34pm
 
What the world needs now is .... - Skydog - Jun 21, 2022 - 5:27pm
 
World & Eclectic Mix - GetBakedTonight - Jun 21, 2022 - 1:22am
 
Happy Father's Day - Bill_J - Jun 20, 2022 - 8:23pm
 
Animal Resistance - Red_Dragon - Jun 20, 2022 - 3:58pm
 
Movie Recommendation - Manbird - Jun 20, 2022 - 2:46pm
 
Greetings from New York! - kcar - Jun 20, 2022 - 11:01am
 
Lyrics that strike a chord today... - oldviolin - Jun 20, 2022 - 9:48am
 
songs that ROCK! - oldviolin - Jun 20, 2022 - 9:43am
 
Fiverr Anyone? - ScottFromWyoming - Jun 20, 2022 - 8:21am
 
Art Show - Proclivities - Jun 20, 2022 - 7:39am
 
BillyGee's Greatest Segues - Skydog - Jun 20, 2022 - 4:05am
 
Climate Change - R_P - Jun 19, 2022 - 11:45am
 
New Recruit - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 18, 2022 - 4:37pm
 
Index » Regional/Local » USA/Canada » Joe Biden Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Post to this Topic
R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Mar 27, 2022 - 11:38am

In Europe, the reaction to Biden’s Putin comments is mixed.
After President Biden called President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia a “butcher” and said that he could not remain in power, European officials reacted with a mix of rejection and admiration. The French and British governments distanced themselves from Mr. Biden’s remarks and the prospect of regime change, while others welcomed his blunt tone.

“I wouldn’t use this kind of words,” President Emmanuel Macron of France said in a television interview on Sunday after he was asked to comment on Mr. Biden’s speech. He said he hoped to obtain a cease-fire and the withdrawal of Russian troops from Ukraine through diplomacy.

“If we want to do this, we mustn’t escalate,” he said, “neither with words nor with actions.”

Britain’s government took a similar stance. (...)

The comment risked “turning the war for the defense of Ukraine to a familiar one of American aggression,” Patrick Wintour, the Guardian’s diplomatic editor, wrote on Sunday, “Any unseating of Russia’s president is that country’s business, not that of the U.S. president.” He called the remarks “a badly needed gift” to a Russian government that is skilled at depicting the United States as an “imperialistic bully.” (...)

VV

VV Avatar

Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 27, 2022 - 11:19am

 Ivanhoe wrote:


Correctamundo. Yet, the thoughts given in that article are part of a greater narrative, detailing western hegemony, Maidan, etc. If one follows that (greater) narrative, the conclusion I gave seems quite evident (maybe not only to me).

If in doubt, check their articles here.


No need to check those articles... as you will need to find other "valid" non-Russian propaganda sources to try and make your points. 

VV

VV Avatar

Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 27, 2022 - 11:16am

 steeler wrote:

I tried to. It is possible it is way over my head . . . Or it essentially is gibberish.



Yea, unfortunately I wasted on my time on it and unless you wish to read and support Russian propaganda... not worth spending any time on. This is what I found about the online site it is posted on:

Strategic Culture Foundation
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Strategic Culture Foundation is a Russian think tank that primarily publishes an online current affairs magazine of the same name. It is regarded as an arm of Russian state interests by the United States government.

According to a 2020 United States Department of State report, the Strategic Culture Foundation is directed by Russia's Foreign Intelligence Service, and is closely affiliated with Russia's Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

It has been characterized as a conservative, pro-Russian propaganda website by U.S. media.

Strategic Culture Foundation has a pattern of sharing articles with other Russia-controlled outlets such as Global Research, New Eastern Outlook, and SouthFront.

The Washington Post reported in September 2020 that Facebook had banned a Russian disinformation network operated by the Strategic Culture Foundation — a network that “helped spread conspiracy theories aimed at English-speaking audiences, including by fueling false rumors that the coronavirus was produced as a bioweapon and that a potential vaccine would include tracking technology.” The Post’s report stated that the Strategic Culture Foundation “also spread false information that Bill Gates, the tech executive and philanthropist, was leading efforts to create a vaccine with surveillance capabilities.” The Post’s report called the Strategic Culture Foundation “a phony think tank”.

In April 2021, the United States Department of the Treasury imposed sanctions on the Strategic Culture Foundation because of their efforts to influence US elections.



R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Mar 27, 2022 - 11:11am

 kurtster wrote:
Still no buyers remorse ?

Didn't buy anything. Already stumpin' for more Trump?
steeler

steeler Avatar

Location: Perched on the precipice of the cauldron of truth


Posted: Mar 27, 2022 - 9:43am

 VV wrote:

Read the article. Saw nothing in it about Putin being baited to do anything. Sounds like you are pushing that conclusion… not the author.


I tried to. It is possible it is way over my head . . . Or it essentially is gibberish.


NoEnzLefttoSplit

NoEnzLefttoSplit Avatar

Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 27, 2022 - 9:40am

 Ivanhoe wrote:
 NoEnzLefttoSplit wrote:
psst... you're dealing with a German neo-Nazi who for months saw in Putin a possible strong-man to save us all from the terrors of pluralism and liberal democracy - the kind of guy who will bring us all back to the straight and narrow. 
Just Ivanhoe hasn't got the balls to admit openly that he is actually a fascist and now that Putin has unmasked the dark side of the whole fascist enterprise, laying siege to civilian populations and killing civilians in a direct rerun of Nazi Germany's occupation of Russia/Ukraine in 1941, all Ivanhoe can do is grasp for a ridiculously incoherent argument that paints Putin as some kind of victim of the "heinous liberal order".

Your accusation has been recorded and forwarded to the board management. I am not talking to you anymore, since this is only one in a number of ad-hominems you played on me, pretending you have the sole right of 'truth' and 'glory' in yo little shameful ass.
 
oh, I am sorry, I thought you thought that bolded part was a good thing! 

You don't think so? My bad. 
Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe Avatar



Posted: Mar 27, 2022 - 9:37am


Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe Avatar



Posted: Mar 27, 2022 - 9:32am

 NoEnzLefttoSplit wrote:
psst... you're dealing with a German neo-Nazi who for months saw in Putin a possible strong-man to save us all from the terrors of pluralism and liberal democracy - the kind of guy who will bring us all back to the straight and narrow. 
Just Ivanhoe hasn't got the balls to admit openly that he is actually a fascist and now that Putin has unmasked the dark side of the whole fascist enterprise, laying siege to civilian populations and killing civilians in a direct rerun of Nazi Germany's occupation of Russia/Ukraine in 1941, all Ivanhoe can do is grasp for a ridiculously incoherent argument that paints Putin as some kind of victim of the "heinous liberal order".

You don't seem to be able to discuss politics beyond your own bias.
Your accusation has been recorded and forwarded to the board management. I am not talking to you anymore, since this is only one in a number of ad-hominems you played on me, pretending you have the sole right of 'truth' and 'glory' in yo little shameful ass.

NoEnzLefttoSplit

NoEnzLefttoSplit Avatar

Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 27, 2022 - 9:27am

 VV wrote:
 Ivanhoe wrote:
Correctamundo. Yet, the thoughts given in that article are part of a greater narrative, detailing western hegemony, Maidan, etc. If one follows that (greater) narrative, the conclusion I gave seems quite evident (maybe not only to me).

Ok, so following the logic we (the “West”, NATO… EU) were baiting Russia into attacking the Ukraine and they did what we wanted them to do? This was our plan all along and now we have the conflict that we were hoping for? So we have no one to blame but ourselves for Putin’s actions? Your conclusion is not only not self-evident it’s delusional. The article (slanted as it is) tries to provide historical context to current events but certainly stops short of saying that Putin’s actions are justified. I doubt that your conclusion represents anything but a small minority.
 
psst... you're dealing with a German neo-Nazi who for months saw in Putin a possible strong-man to save us all from the terrors of pluralism and liberal democracy - the kind of guy who will bring us all back to the straight and narrow. 
Just Ivanhoe hasn't got the balls to admit openly that he is actually a fascist and now that Putin has unmasked the dark side of the whole fascist enterprise, laying siege to civilian populations and killing civilians in a direct rerun of Nazi Germany's occupation of Russia/Ukraine in 1941, all Ivanhoe can do is grasp for a ridiculously incoherent argument that paints Putin as some kind of victim of the "heinous liberal order".
Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe Avatar



Posted: Mar 27, 2022 - 9:20am

 VV wrote:

Ok, so following the logic we (the “West”, NATO… EU) were baiting Russia into attacking the Ukraine and they did what we wanted them to do? This was our plan all along and now we have the conflict that we were hoping for? So we have no one to blame but ourselves for Putin’s actions? Your conclusion is not only not self-evident it’s delusional.

The article (slanted as it is) tries to provide historical context to current events but certainly stops short of saying that Putin’s actions are justified. I doubt that your conclusion represents anything but a small minority.



You are correct, again. In the US, as well as in Europe there will only be a small minority, as you said. Taking this on to a global scale, however, the US and Europe appear to be a (very) small minority when compared to the uh so small rest of the world, i.e. China, India, Africa, Southamerica, etc. 

The former 3rd World and developing markets have begun to successfully turn against western hegemony so far. Like it or not. #MultipolarWorld
And the US surely doesn't like it. Much less the military-industrial complex of the West, which again equals the US, GB and Israel, foremost.

VV

VV Avatar

Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 27, 2022 - 8:58am

 Ivanhoe wrote:


Correctamundo. Yet, the thoughts given in that article are part of a greater narrative, detailing western hegemony, Maidan, etc. If one follows that (greater) narrative, the conclusion I gave seems quite evident (maybe not only to me).



Ok, so following the logic we (the “West”, NATO… EU) were baiting Russia into attacking the Ukraine and they did what we wanted them to do? This was our plan all along and now we have the conflict that we were hoping for? So we have no one to blame but ourselves for Putin’s actions? Your conclusion is not only not self-evident it’s delusional.

The article (slanted as it is) tries to provide historical context to current events but certainly stops short of saying that Putin’s actions are justified. I doubt that your conclusion represents anything but a small minority.

Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe Avatar



Posted: Mar 27, 2022 - 8:54am

 VV wrote:
“Tell me again just who is the real Putin's bitch ?”

Ok, if you insist: Trump

“He says a lot but has not done much to actually deliver things that directly benefit Ukraine.”

This is a joke right? You’re trying to be funny? You haven’t really kept up on the whole Ukraine conflict?

Tell me what steps do you think Trump would have taken against Russia if he was leading us now? He would have helped to spearhead a raft of sanctions against Russia? How many NATO meetings would he have been a part of? Would he have provided additional funding to Ukraine? Yea, my bet is that he would just sit on his ass not knowing what the hell to do and waiting until everything just “works out”. Or he would try and lead by his “gut” which means the same thing.


1. Under Trump, the Afghanistan exit would not have happened. At least not in this way.
2. Putin would probably not have invaded Ukraine.

But that is all the same now... as the shit has already hit the fan.


VV

VV Avatar

Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 27, 2022 - 8:45am

 kurtster wrote:

Yeah.  The old geezer. 

Can we get real for a minute ?  Biden has Russia (Putin) negotiating on the behalf of the USA for the Iran Nuclear Treaty.

Tell me again just who is the real Putin's bitch ?  Could it have anything to do with Biden's slow walking everything to help out Ukraine ?  He says a lot but has not done much to actually deliver things that directly benefit Ukraine. He won't let them have Poland's MIG's. He won't even say that Ukraine might, could or should win.  He is now walking back all the claims that sanctions would deter Putin from acting by denying the claim was ever made in the first place.  There is plenty of video that proves otherwise.

Still no buyers remorse ?  Even if he starts WW III ?

.
Gates Stands By Statement That Biden Has Been Wrong On Nearly Every Major Foreign Policy Question



“Tell me again just who is the real Putin's bitch ?”

Ok, if you insist: Trump

“He says a lot but has not done much to actually deliver things that directly benefit Ukraine.”

This is a joke right? You’re trying to be funny? You haven’t really kept up on the whole Ukraine conflict?

Tell me what steps do you think Trump would have taken against Russia if he was leading us now? He would have helped to spearhead a raft of sanctions against Russia? How many NATO meetings would he have been a part of? Would he have provided additional funding to Ukraine? Yea, my bet is that he would just sit on his ass not knowing what the hell to do and waiting until everything just “works out”. Or he would try and lead by his “gut” which means the same thing.
Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe Avatar



Posted: Mar 27, 2022 - 8:39am

 VV wrote:

Read the article. Saw nothing in it about Putin being baited to do anything. Sounds like you are pushing that conclusion… not the author.



Correctamundo. Yet, the thoughts given in that article are part of a greater narrative, detailing western hegemony, Maidan, etc. If one follows that (greater) narrative, the conclusion I gave seems quite evident (maybe not only to me).

If in doubt, check their articles here.

VV

VV Avatar

Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 27, 2022 - 8:33am

 Ivanhoe wrote:

Going down that rabbit hole (WWIII) from a russophile perspective by Strategic Culture Foundation, a pro-Russian think tank in the US, Pepe Escobar's reasoning is given here.

According to that narrative, Putin was baited to go in to Ukraine by the West, and he took the bait hook, line and sinker.

Also, watch out for possible chemical attacks, carried out as false flag ops.


Read the article. Saw nothing in it about Putin being baited to do anything. Sounds like you are pushing that conclusion… not the author.

Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe Avatar



Posted: Mar 27, 2022 - 7:43am

 kurtster wrote:

Yeah.  The old geezer. 

Can we get real for a minute ?  Biden has Russia (Putin) negotiating on the behalf of the USA for the Iran Nuclear Treaty.

Tell me again just who is the real Putin's bitch ?  Could it have anything to do with Biden's slow walking everything to help out Ukraine ?  He says a lot but has not done much to actually deliver things that directly benefit Ukraine. He won't let them have Poland's MIG's. He won't even say that Ukraine might, could or should win.  He is now walking back all the claims that sanctions would deter Putin from acting by denying the claim was ever made in the first place.  There is plenty of video that proves otherwise.

Still no buyers remorse ?  Even if he starts WW III ?


.
Gates Stands By Statement That Biden Has Been Wrong On Nearly Every Major Foreign Policy Question


Going down that rabbit hole (WWIII) from a russophile perspective by Strategic Culture Foundation, a pro-Russian think tank in the US, Pepe Escobar's reasoning is given here.

According to that narrative, Putin was baited to go in to Ukraine by the West, and he took the bait hook, line and sinker.

Also, watch out for possible chemical attacks, carried out as false flag ops.

kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 27, 2022 - 1:52am

 R_P wrote:
I'm not saying it's regime change, but...
 
Yeah.  The old geezer. 

Can we get real for a minute ?  Biden has Russia (Putin) negotiating on the behalf of the USA for the Iran Nuclear Treaty.

Tell me again just who is the real Putin's bitch ?  Could it have anything to do with Biden's slow walking everything to help out Ukraine ?  He says a lot but has not done much to actually deliver things that directly benefit Ukraine. He won't let them have Poland's MIG's. He won't even say that Ukraine might, could or should win.  He is now walking back all the claims that sanctions would deter Putin from acting by denying the claim was ever made in the first place.  There is plenty of video that proves otherwise.

Still no buyers remorse ?  Even if he starts WW III ?

.
Gates Stands By Statement That Biden Has Been Wrong On Nearly Every Major Foreign Policy Question

R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Mar 26, 2022 - 2:13pm

I'm not saying it's regime change, but...
Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Avatar



Posted: Mar 8, 2022 - 7:02am

AP Source: Biden to ban Russian oil imports over Ukraine war
rgio

rgio Avatar

Location: West Jersey
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 7, 2022 - 1:11pm

 black321 wrote:

Oil - talk about fake news and misinformation. 
Is it possible the recession/pandemic impact on petroleum had anything to do with the shift in supply and demand the last two years?
Is it possible the sharp drop in demand, then the drop in price in 2020 had an effect on imports/exports, and then led to petro companies cutting their own production...as typically happens in high production cost countries like the US and Canada, following a sharp drop in prices (and once prices rebound - we didn't see a sustained recovery until 2H21 - it can take several months if not years to increase production again)?
Sure, dems are less friendly to oil, but the most significant impact from any action taken by biden would be years away, and really couldn't have impacted 2021. 

As I said in a prior post, say what you know, and know what you say.



That's absolutely what happened.  When oil went to negative values for a few weeks in 2020, infrastructure spending within the oil companies stopped cold.  It never returned.  We have plenty of oil to make up for any Russian losses in the Permian Basin, but nobody has added capacity as they were recovering profits from the shock of the pandemic.  That lack of investment happened everywhere.

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 51, 52, 53  Next