[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

Wordle - daily game - Manbird - Jun 27, 2022 - 11:09am
 
The Abortion Wars - Isabeau - Jun 27, 2022 - 10:54am
 
Radio Paradise Comments - GeneP59 - Jun 27, 2022 - 10:44am
 
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum - GeneP59 - Jun 27, 2022 - 10:39am
 
Economix - R_P - Jun 27, 2022 - 10:14am
 
What is the meaning of this? - oldviolin - Jun 27, 2022 - 10:04am
 
Guns - oldviolin - Jun 27, 2022 - 10:01am
 
Supreme Court Rulings - R_P - Jun 27, 2022 - 9:59am
 
Mixtape Culture Club - miamizsun - Jun 27, 2022 - 9:57am
 
M.A.G.A. - R_P - Jun 27, 2022 - 9:43am
 
Using Words to Frame a Political Issue - oldviolin - Jun 27, 2022 - 8:52am
 
Britain - Red_Dragon - Jun 27, 2022 - 8:40am
 
RightWingNutZ - Steely_D - Jun 27, 2022 - 8:25am
 
Words, acronyms, whatever, that changed meaning - Proclivities - Jun 27, 2022 - 7:43am
 
Ukraine - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Jun 27, 2022 - 12:39am
 
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos - fractalv - Jun 26, 2022 - 9:52pm
 
Things You Thought Today - Bill_J - Jun 26, 2022 - 7:29pm
 
Name My Band - oldviolin - Jun 26, 2022 - 4:53pm
 
Hockey + Fantasy Hockey - GeneP59 - Jun 26, 2022 - 4:47pm
 
Would you drive this car for dating with ur girl? - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 26, 2022 - 3:55pm
 
What Did You Do Today? - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 26, 2022 - 3:43pm
 
Poetry Forum - ScottN - Jun 26, 2022 - 9:04am
 
YouTube: Music-Videos - ScottFromWyoming - Jun 26, 2022 - 9:00am
 
Tech & Science - miamizsun - Jun 26, 2022 - 8:29am
 
Positive Thoughts and Prayer Requests - Antigone - Jun 25, 2022 - 4:48pm
 
Terrorist Watch! - Red_Dragon - Jun 25, 2022 - 2:58pm
 
I like cheese - GeneP59 - Jun 25, 2022 - 2:29pm
 
SECESSION: The Republic of Texas? - Isabeau - Jun 25, 2022 - 2:20pm
 
Counting with Pictures - ScottN - Jun 25, 2022 - 1:15pm
 
Love is... - oldviolin - Jun 25, 2022 - 10:42am
 
Live Music - oldviolin - Jun 25, 2022 - 10:28am
 
Today in History - HarleyRider - Jun 25, 2022 - 9:56am
 
What Are You Going To Do Today? - Red_Dragon - Jun 25, 2022 - 9:52am
 
260,000 Posts in one thread? - oldviolin - Jun 25, 2022 - 9:25am
 
How's the weather? - GeneP59 - Jun 24, 2022 - 6:49pm
 
Bug Reports & Feature Requests - lminfo - Jun 24, 2022 - 5:12pm
 
Vinyl Only Spin List - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 24, 2022 - 4:11pm
 
Germany - R_P - Jun 24, 2022 - 2:38pm
 
Stuff you bought today. - ScottFromWyoming - Jun 24, 2022 - 10:25am
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - black321 - Jun 24, 2022 - 8:53am
 
Country Up The Bumpkin - oldviolin - Jun 24, 2022 - 8:42am
 
Memorials - Remembering Our Loved Ones - miamizsun - Jun 24, 2022 - 8:12am
 
Trump - islander - Jun 24, 2022 - 8:06am
 
Russia - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Jun 23, 2022 - 10:34pm
 
Cryptic Posts - Leave Them Guessing - oldviolin - Jun 23, 2022 - 4:25pm
 
Upcoming concerts or shows you can't wait to see - ScottFromWyoming - Jun 23, 2022 - 3:46pm
 
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously - R_P - Jun 23, 2022 - 12:15pm
 
Outstanding Covers - Steely_D - Jun 23, 2022 - 8:24am
 
Summer vacation plans? - Skydog - Jun 23, 2022 - 5:46am
 
Baseball, anyone? - Skydog - Jun 23, 2022 - 5:25am
 
how do you feel right now? - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Jun 22, 2022 - 9:51pm
 
TV shows you watch - Steely_D - Jun 22, 2022 - 5:54pm
 
Crazy conspiracy theories - Steely_D - Jun 22, 2022 - 2:06pm
 
Mars Exploration Rover Mission Status - miamizsun - Jun 22, 2022 - 10:14am
 
Things I Read Today - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Jun 22, 2022 - 9:22am
 
2016 Elections - Skydog - Jun 22, 2022 - 8:28am
 
Sublime Soundtracks - Skydog - Jun 22, 2022 - 5:12am
 
• • •  What's For Dinner ? • • •  - ScottFromWyoming - Jun 21, 2022 - 8:14pm
 
Nuclear power - saviour or scourge? - miamizsun - Jun 21, 2022 - 6:34pm
 
What the world needs now is .... - Skydog - Jun 21, 2022 - 5:27pm
 
World & Eclectic Mix - GetBakedTonight - Jun 21, 2022 - 1:22am
 
Happy Father's Day - Bill_J - Jun 20, 2022 - 8:23pm
 
Animal Resistance - Red_Dragon - Jun 20, 2022 - 3:58pm
 
Movie Recommendation - Manbird - Jun 20, 2022 - 2:46pm
 
Greetings from New York! - kcar - Jun 20, 2022 - 11:01am
 
Lyrics that strike a chord today... - oldviolin - Jun 20, 2022 - 9:48am
 
songs that ROCK! - oldviolin - Jun 20, 2022 - 9:43am
 
Fiverr Anyone? - ScottFromWyoming - Jun 20, 2022 - 8:21am
 
Art Show - Proclivities - Jun 20, 2022 - 7:39am
 
BillyGee's Greatest Segues - Skydog - Jun 20, 2022 - 4:05am
 
Climate Change - R_P - Jun 19, 2022 - 11:45am
 
New Recruit - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 18, 2022 - 4:37pm
 
What makes you smile? - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 18, 2022 - 4:21pm
 
Paul McCartney - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 18, 2022 - 4:19pm
 
Aliens: The Answer To Everything! - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 18, 2022 - 4:14pm
 
Index » Regional/Local » USA/Canada » Media Bias Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85  Next
Post to this Topic
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Not here, I tell you wat
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 26, 2021 - 4:15am

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Not here, I tell you wat
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 3, 2021 - 7:47am

ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 2, 2021 - 9:14am

 Manbird wrote:


Hmm. One of them colors her newsy information and stories with face palms, roll eyes, yeah rights and does little to couch her liberal fun time get-together hour as hard news and the other is a mechanical flat out lying disinformation machine who wants to present his propaganda as cold hard news - and wants to manipulate people who don't know better.  Has Maddow ever flat out lied? I'll bet she has but if you count the lies they both have told (in the manner that they counted Trump's lies over the years) there really is no comparison, IMHO.


Correcto
westslope

westslope Avatar

Location: BC sage brush steppe


Posted: Aug 2, 2021 - 9:04am

 Lazy8 wrote:
I abhor Rachel Maddow's style of yellow journalism.

Demonizing Russia in the post-Soviet period has to be one of the dumbest, stupidest, most strategically dangerous things that Americans have done in the post-war period. 

Note I said "Americans".   Republicans, Democrats, others, I see no difference.  

Lazy8

Lazy8 Avatar

Location: The Gallatin Valley of Montana
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 2, 2021 - 8:28am

 sirdroseph wrote:
If and when we do have a true mass deadly indiscriminate pandemic one that hospitalizes every demographic at a high rate regardless of health and age, one that the massive effects were indisputable and permeated our lives wholly, one that a complete societal shutdown is actually commensurate with the danger posed ala Ebola, Bubonic Plague or some disease like that, there will be very little or no politics or arguments on policy.  There will only be survival and terror and we will all be lined up in the streets begging for vaccines, I assure you.  

Why does it have to be that bad before we abandon superstition? At what point is it more advantageous to politicians to actually serve their constituents rather than exploit and promote scientific illiteracy?

613,000 deaths wasn't enough. Running out of ICU beds wasn't enough. Running out of places to put the bodies wasn't enough

What will be? What's the threshold?

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Not here, I tell you wat
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 2, 2021 - 5:36am

If and when we do have a true mass deadly indiscriminate pandemic one that hospitalizes every demographic at a high rate regardless of health and age, one that the massive effects were indisputable and permeated our lives wholly, one that a complete societal shutdown is actually commensurate with the danger posed ala Ebola, Bubonic Plague or some disease like that, there will be very little or no politics or arguments on policy.  There will only be survival and terror and we will all be lined up in the streets begging for vaccines, I assure you.{#Eek}
 
 
 
 
 
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Not here, I tell you wat
Gender: Male


Posted: Jul 24, 2021 - 5:16am

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Not here, I tell you wat
Gender: Male


Posted: Jul 13, 2021 - 4:44am

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Not here, I tell you wat
Gender: Male


Posted: Jul 5, 2021 - 8:39am

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Not here, I tell you wat
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 23, 2021 - 3:25am

 black321 wrote:
 Steely_D wrote:


So many words. All of it boiling down to "doesn't it make you wonder..." which is a horrible platform to build your philosophies on.


What i got out of it was, politicians, fauci, medical professional leaders (e.g. various bureacrats) manipulated and often lied for various reasons, some good and some bad.
Initially they lied about masks to preserve PPE. It didnt take a genius to understand even in the beginning a mask was a good idea.
I don't recall any initial lies or manipulation around the lab v. nature argument, but once the GOP whackjobs starting using the lab theory as ammunition against Ghina, the freaks on the left would never admit it was lab based, purely for political reasons, and shut down the whole argument, without anything to back it up.  Gotta stick with your team!
All this does beg the question, as per the video, what also are they misleading us about? 
The above examples were all pretty obvious, so I dont think we need to think too hard to figure what else.  
Still, all this subterfuge, which eventually always gets out, makes the naive question the establishment, and adds to the antivaxx movement.
You get what you deserve. 
 
You get it.{#Yes}
haresfur

haresfur Avatar

Location: The Golden Triangle
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2021 - 5:14pm

 Steely_D wrote:

Back in the days when her Friday show ended with bar keeping ideas, I use to lurve Rachel. After a while it became obvious that she had an hour to fill, and would build things up to make that happen. Stopped watching her many years ago.





Yeah, I hate that kind of commentary show and podcasts that spin shit out forever rather than getting to a simple and clear point. Cocktails are a much better way to fill time. And I would love it if they all were held accountable to use appropriate disclaimers or at least waffle-words like "suggests" and "might lead you to believe"
black321

black321 Avatar

Location: An earth without maps
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2021 - 2:36pm

 Steely_D wrote:


So many words. All of it boiling down to "doesn't it make you wonder..." which is a horrible platform to build your philosophies on.


What i got out of it was, politicians, fauci, medical professional leaders (e.g. various bureacrats) manipulated and often lied for various reasons, some good and some bad.
Initially they lied about masks to preserve PPE. It didnt take a genius to understand even in the beginning a mask was a good idea.
I don't recall any initial lies or manipulation around the lab v. nature argument, but once the GOP whackjobs starting using the lab theory as ammunition against Ghina, the freaks on the left would never admit it was lab based, purely for political reasons, and shut down the whole argument, without anything to back it up.  Gotta stick with your team!
All this does beg the question, as per the video, what also are they misleading us about? 
The above examples were all pretty obvious, so I dont think we need to think too hard to figure what else.  
Still, all this subterfuge, which eventually always gets out, makes the naive question the establishment, and adds to the antivaxx movement.
You get what you deserve. 
Manbird

Manbird Avatar

Location: Owl Creek Bridge
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2021 - 2:12pm

 Lazy8 wrote:

Hmm. One of them colors her newsy information and stories with face palms, roll eyes, yeah rights and does little to couch her liberal fun time get-together hour as hard news and the other is a mechanical flat out lying disinformation machine who wants to present his propaganda as cold hard news - and wants to manipulate people who don't know better.  Has Maddow ever flat out lied? I'll bet she has but if you count the lies they both have told (in the manner that they counted Trump's lies over the years) there really is no comparison, IMHO.
Steely_D

Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2021 - 1:51pm

 Lazy8 wrote:
Back in the days when her Friday show ended with bar keeping ideas, I use to lurve Rachel. After a while it became obvious that she had an hour to fill, and would build things up to make that happen. Stopped watching her many years ago.



Steely_D

Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2021 - 1:49pm

 sirdroseph wrote:


So many words. All of it boiling down to "doesn't it make you wonder..." which is a horrible platform to build your philosophies on.
Lazy8

Lazy8 Avatar

Location: The Gallatin Valley of Montana
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2021 - 1:11pm

What do Tucker Carlson and Rachel Maddow have in common?
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Not here, I tell you wat
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 17, 2021 - 4:50am

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Not here, I tell you wat
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 15, 2021 - 4:26am

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Not here, I tell you wat
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 11, 2021 - 4:55am

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Not here, I tell you wat
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 9, 2021 - 4:07am

Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85  Next